The Jobsmobile at the Job Fair in Sturminster Newton
On Thursday 21st October, The Jobsmobile took its first outing to The Job Fair at The Exchange in Sturminster Newton. After the previous day’s torrential rains Sandra would have been forgiven for being a little nervous about the local flooding, but the sun came out and Sandra and Alice arrived smiling, excited to attend our first Job Fair since lockdown began.
With a prime position reserved at the front of The Exchange for The Jobsmobile, our new mobile office created a lot of buzz from the offset, and Alice was inside the hall to chat to visitors about our current jobs.
The Job Fair was just the job to talk to local people about their job hunting and how we can help everyone on their job search.
Many people think that recruitment agencies are only for those in senior positions, but recruiters can actually help you find full-time, part-time or temping opportunities, no matter what stage of your life.
If you missed the Job Fair, here are a few of the tips that Sandra and Alice chatted with visitors about.
Job Hunting with Octopus Personnel
Recruitment agencies essentially exist to help companies fill their vacancies – and to help you find a job.
We work with a wide range of the best employers in Dorset, Somerset and Wiltshire. They are busy driving their businesses forward and use us to meet and select the best candidates they can short-list from. This offers a significant time saving – especially when they’re hiring for lots of roles.
At Octopus Personnel, we meet with every single person we register to get to know you – your aspirations, personality, talents and experience – so we can make the perfect match between you and the employer. Then we help you with preparing for work, ensuring you are interview-ready by helping you with your CV and giving you interview tips.
Our service is completely free to job seekers! It’s the employers who pay us to find them workers.
- We have jobs you won’t find elsewhere! Many companies choose recruitment agencies as their only method of sourcing new employees.
- We are experts in the local job market. We have an extensive client list and work with some of the best employers in the South West. The cornerstone of our success is our knowledge and special relationships we have forged with employers and job seekers in the local community.
- You’ll get expert guidance from a professional. You’ll have a dedicated consultant who’ll be able to give you loads of information, including where the best jobs are that fit your profile, what particular employers are looking for, and how to gain that all important experience and qualifications to boost your CV and show you are prepared for working.
- Your success is our success! We want you to succeed, and will always go that extra mile in terms of advice, support and finding the right fit. We can help you to improve your CV and coach you for interviews – our support can be a great bonus in a competitive job market.
The process is nice and simple.
- Try and have your CV ready. There are lots of guides on the internet and our website has handy tips and advice. Make sure you’ve had a go at getting the basic information down, then we can help improve it! Submit your CV to email@example.com
- Book an appointment with one of our consultants on 01747 825568 if you haven’t already done so at the Job Fair. We can meet you at the office or over video call such as FaceTime, Zoom or WhatsApp.
- When you come to see us, relax! It’s easier said than done, but you’ll perform a lot better if you try to take the whole process in your stride. Use your experience with us as a practice run, and we’ll have plenty of tips and advice for you before you head out to your interview with an employer.
It’s much easier preparing for work with our guidance! Remember, we’re here to help so book an appointment to register with us and keep in touch. If you’d like to find out a bit more about the registration process, read our blog – How to register with a recruitment agency.
If you visited us at the Job Fair, we hope you found your visit useful and we’d love to hear what you thought. Give us a call or pop us an email if we can help.
Many thanks to Jacqui and the team over at Stur Biz who organised such a successful event to help local people. You can find out more about Stur Biz by visiting their website: sturminster-newton.org.uk
Our Jobsmobile is now officially on the move. If you’re an employer or community service and would like to find out more about our on-site recruitment drives with The Jobsmobile, give the team a call on 01747 825568.