Production Machine Setter
Near Gillingham, Dorset
A vacancy has arisen for a Production Machine Setter due to the growth of an established organisation based near Mere.
You will be responsible for setting and maintaining the manufacturing machinery whilst ensuring all aspects of health and safety, quality and production targets are maintained. You will be expected to provide ideas & support to improve the efficiency or manufacturing developments and to encourage & develop continual improvements & reduce downtime.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring machine operation is carried out effectively, efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Achieve a quality product to the desired specifications.
- Closely follow specification sheets & identify and report any changes required.
- Using precise measuring devices and instruments as required.
- Making sure any process or specific changes are identified on the specification sheets.
- Keeping up to date on any machine maintenance requirements.
- Ensure good housekeeping examples are being set & maintained.
- Support the Machine Operators in any additional training requirements.
It is essential you have mechanical engineering experience – ideally in CNC machine setting / Mechanical fitting experience / Machine Maintenance and a keen eye for detail. You must have a methodical approach towards problem solving, sound mechanical knowledge and be adaptable towards learning new skills.
The successful candidate will be computer literate, have strong communication skills and be able to work well on your own of as well as part of a team. You must have a ‘can-do’ proactive attitude and the drive to do your absolute best in this role.
The working hours are Monday-Thursday 08:00-16:45 and Friday 08:00-15:45 with 45 minutes for lunch.
To apply, send your CV to email@example.com today.Apply now