Near Gillingham, Dorset
A rare opportunity has risen within a well-known local company for a talented Kitchen Manager who has at least 2 years Kitchen Management experience.
You will be responsible for managing the day to day kitchen operations, people management, menu writing and rota control for the kitchen.
• Maintain food quality standards, overseeing all phases of food procurement, production and service. This will including, menu writing, inventory and ordering, storage and rotation, food preparation, recipe adherence, plate presentation, and service and production time standards.
• Conducts daily line checks, food reviews and recipes of the day. Ensures that clear feedback is provided to the entire kitchen team.
• Ensures the cleanliness of the kitchen is maintained to specified standards.
• Ensures that the kitchen team avoid cross contamination, improper food handling/storage practices, through proper training and supervision.
• Effectively communicate to management to ensure efficient operations.
• Manage all staff in the kitchen on a day to day basis, recruit new staff for the kitchen and training and development existing staff.
• Achieve and exceed budgets (i.e., food cost, food efficiencies, labour cost and direct kitchen expenses).
You will lead a team consisting of; Sous Chefs, Commis Chefs, Junior Commis Chefs and Kitchen Porters, therefore an ability to observe and detect emergency situations, distinguish product, taste, texture, temperature and presentation is essential.
To be successful in this position you will hold a current Food Hygiene certification, have the ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills, communicate effectively and take responsibility for achieving/exceeding customer service and financial targets.
This is a fantastic opportunity for some-one with a passion for quality food and customer service – the lucky candidate to secure this role will have the opportunity to put their own stamp on and use their influence in the future growth and development of this new and exciting project.
For this role you will be expected to work some weekends.
In return you will receive a competitive salary and a generous benefit package including a performance related bonus.Apply now