Health and Safety Officer
Are you looking for a new challenge?
Motivated, keen to drive change and promote H&S in the workplace?
We have a superb opportunity for an experienced Health and Safety Officer to provide professional guidance within a local, progressive company.
Accountable for supporting and advising the business on Health and Safety agendas across the company’s site. You will be responsible for the effective and efficient co-ordination of health and safety matters with due regard to appropriate legislation, including: policy implementation, monitoring and inspection; risk assessment; delivery of training and promoting a positive health and safety culture.
The successful candidate will work closely with the leadership team and key stakeholders, establishing, managing and monitoring standards, processes, communications, training and systems. Therefore an experience of formulating, implementing, and revising H&S policies and procedures is a necessity.
The role will cover:
- Ensuring a safe workplace environment
- Ensuring that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed and updated.
- Ensuring the company meets statutory obligations in all areas of health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training.
- Ensuring the completion and regular reviews of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Ensuring that all accidents and near misses are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Ensuring that safety inspections and audits are carried out regularly.
- Ensuring regular reports are submitted to the Senior Management Team.
The ability to show previous competence in leading a Health and Safety function is key and a background within warehouse or manufacturing would be beneficial.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate, who is qualified to a minimum of NEBOSH Level 3. So if you have a dynamic, confident and professional approach with strong interpersonal skills this could be the role for you!Apply now