Finance Business Partner
Near Gillingham, Dorset
We are searching for an experienced, meticulous and hands on Finance Business Partner to join a well-established, growing company on a full-time basis.
You will be responsible for undertaking all aspects of financial management, including management accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
In addition, the Finance Manager will act as a Business Partner providing analysis and delivering insight that links financial reports to business strategies, therefore critical thinking and exceptional problem-solving skills are essential.
You will have the ability to motivate, lead and develop finance team members, experience running account systems and have a thorough understanding of the complexities of finance management.
Responsibilities will cover:-
- Providing strategic direction of the day to day running of the business.
- Manage all finance and accounting operations, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, General Ledger, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Pricing.
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting, including all HMRC returns.
- Manage relationship with external accountants and other financial institutions, including banks and insurers.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting. Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems. Streamline and automate business processes to improve administrative efficiency.
- Use financial analysis to provide targeted strategic insights across every department of the business.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements and reports for senior management, board members and shareholders. Providing high quality advice and support to internal decision makers.
The successful applicant will prove to be a qualified accountant, with at least 7 years of experience in a business or finance environment and hold a Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field.
The companies ethos is all about quality and service – to be successful yours will be the same. You will need strong organisational and management skills, the ability to encourage & motivate, and show real commitment. You will need to demonstrate accounting proficiency with total commercial awareness and experience in a manufacturing environment.
In return you will be joining a great team, receive a competitive salary and be an essential part of a growing company who has real vision for the future.