Near, Gillingham, Dorset
We are recruiting for a meticulous Commis Chef to join a well-respected company that are going through an exciting period of growth and development.
You will be instrumental in keeping the kitchen running smoothly by ensuring the highest quality of food with regards to production, preparation and presentation within the kitchen. Supporting the Kitchen Manager and Sous Chef in the preparation of high quality dishes in accordance with excellent service standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting in producing menu
- Maintain the kitchen work areas in accordance with HACCP
- Maintain standards of the company by regularly inspecting perishable food items for quality and quantity
- Making sure that all kitchen equipment like food mixers, fridges, cookers are in good working
- Keeping the storerooms well stocked and organised at all
- Complying with the daily cleaning
- Carrying out regular quality assurance
- Accepting food deliveries from suppliers and storing
- Responsible for maintaining records to appropriate legislation, including health and safety, hygiene, equal opportunities and HACCP
It is essential you have previous catering experience, knowledge of health and safety, along with a flexible approach and the ability to work under pressure. An NVQ in professional cookery would be beneficial.
If this sounds like the perfect job for you contact us today!Apply now